Ring Dream Meaning
One can think that seeing a ring in his dream promises an upcoming marriage. But there are a lot of meanings interpreted by different dreambooks. Buying a ring in a special shop promises a short but passionate love affair. Dreambooks advise not to lose your head and not make mistakes despite of ardor. Buying a ring can also predict new acquaintances that can turn into long-lasting friendship or romantic relations.
Being in the jewelry store buying a ring can show the difficulty to make a choice. You will have to be more accurate with your decision because not only your life depends on it but also the lives of people around you. Losing a ring in your dream will bring you a number of obstacles but do not be too upset - this period will not last long.
If you bought a ring but it didn’t fit is not a very good sign. It means that the decisions you made were incorrect and this can cause future problems. This dream can also mean misunderstandings with your beloved one. Trying to choose a ring for a long time shows a lot of moral doubts in reality. You will be thinking what is the best choice for you and you might need help from someone more experienced.
Putting the ring on your finger means you are trying to be a leader. Dreambooks advise to be not so passionate about such leadership. If you saw yourself trying on a ring this can be a sign that your dreams will come true. If you were taking a ring that you didn’t like off your finger it means you will stop having doubtful thoughts and will finally get moral satisfaction.
An emerald ring in your dream promises mutual love or positive response from someone who didn’t feel the same way for you before. A ruby ring can be a sign of disappointment. Miller’s dreambook is warning you not to have much expectations in order not be disappointed too much. A sapphire ring in a dream can warn you about unpleasant disappointing relations, hard break of relations that can influence you for a long time. Pearl ring promises luck in your business and personal life, right now is the best time for starting new work, don’t be afraid to be socially active. A wedding ring promises marriage proposal and relations full of harmony. A big diamond ring shows your success with the opposite sex.
What are the real-life superstitions about wedding rings?
- In ancient times no one doubted that the rings are the strongest family amulet. They were used in medical ceremonies, young wives used their rings for fortune telling for future children.
- Putting on rings at the wedding, they wore the rings without taking off, and even more so, they were not allowed to try on to girlfriends - it was believed that in this way you could give your friend your fate, happiness, and even your husband.
- Now wearing other people's jewelry is a common thing. If someone insistently asks you to “lend” a wedding ring, and your upbringing does not allow you to refuse, then at least do not pass it from hand to hand: put it on the table. And before putting the ring back on your finger, hold it in running water.
- The wedding ring is inextricably linked with the sun, the symbolism of the circle, a closed flow of energy, and after that - power and immortality. Therefore, for centuries, signs about rings have indicated that engagement symbols should have a homogeneous composition of noble metal and not include any jewelry: stones, vestments, engraving. The only exception is diamonds: superstition say about these stones that they will bring happiness and prosperity to the newlyweds.
- However, a woman is a woman: any lady wanted the jewelry that will be worn all her life to be more interesting and attractive than a boring strip of metal. Therefore, much more lenient requirements are placed on engagement rings.
- There are even tips with which stone it is preferable to choose a gift ring for the future bride and what different precious stones symbolize:
- aquamarine - prevents misfortunes;
- turquoise - a symbol of love and fidelity;
- pearls - protect health, give longevity;
- emerald - a stone of Venus, keeps passion between spouses;
- moonstone - prevents quarrels;
- opal - symbolizes sincerity and trust;
- ruby - protects from the evil eye and other negativity;
- sapphire - keeps warm feelings and protects from infidelity.
- Some couples prefer to choose a stone for the ring in accordance with the zodiac sign, and this also does not contradict the signs and superstitions about wedding rings.
- Can I accept wedding rings as a gift? If friends give you this piece of jewelry, it is best to refuse. You cannot know another person as yourself - you cannot be absolutely sure that there is no envy of your happiness, for example, in the soul of the person giving you the ring.
- Parent rings can be used if their family life has developed successfully, with love and consent. Otherwise, the continuity mechanism will drag the parents' marital troubles to the young couple.
- Wedding rings of grandparents may be inherited if they have been married for at least a quarter of a century.
- But as for the relative’s ring who is not a straight relation (aunts, sister-in-law, etc.) and is divorced or widowed, it is better not to accept it under any pretext. Even a widowed woman is not recommended to wear the ring of the deceased spouse. In some cases it can be worn on a chain as a symbol of memory.
- The main symbol of marriage should not be touched before the wedding - worn, tried on, or shown to girlfriends. Only in one case traditions allow the bride to wear a ring before the wedding - if, until the marriage, the girl keeps innocence.
- The ring fallen during the wedding ceremony is perhaps the worst possible sign for a wedding. This incident promises the newlyweds a difficult marriage, which will be accompanied by quarrels, infidelity and poverty.
- It is believed that you can not wear a wedding ring over the white gloves that brides love so much, otherwise family life will be short.